Tuesday 10 November 2015

Creative hacks to make your home, a home

 Hi Guys, suddenly today l am feeling really autumnal (probably because of the gale force winds outside and the numerous leaves hitting me in the face as l walk to the bus) but it's a feeling that I cherish every year!

Cosy nights in, hot chocolate, walks in the leaves, hearing the rain and wearing big coats l absolutely adore. 

But Autumn is not just how you dress or how you feel drinking a hot mug of Black Forest hot chocolate, but how you adapt your home. 

I'm going to share with you a few home hacks that I've got at my house to help achieve that cosy feel!

1) LIghting - This has always been a big thing in my house as l love mood lighting but l hate the dreaded 'Big Light' being on. Lamps, Lamps and more lamps help to create that warm glow that just makes you want to curl up on the sofa with a good ole brew!

2) Decoration - Now me and Craig almost have two sets of decorative things one for Spring Summer and another for Autumn Winter! Come the change of season one goes away and the other comes out, it's all about candles, we've been buying a lot of dark wooden decorative items lately and checks. 

3) Bedding - There is nothing like sliding into your bed after a long day, so why not do it with bedding that you enjoy. We recently went to IKEA and found this amazing bedding that is the same material as the Pyjamas that you had as a child, the almost flannel material. I absolutely adore it and im instantly asleep as soon as I'm wrapped up like a breakfast burrito!
An electric blanket would also be a must if Craig-Mark would let me!

How do you guys get ready for Autumn, I know people who completely re-do their houses just for the new season! Let me know 

See you soon
Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system