Saturday 19 March 2016

Life Journey

So! Its been a couple of weeks since l have last posted a blog on here. Honestly - it was creative block and not knowing what to write about.

Today im going to talk about my weightless journey - So lets all board the gravy train.

I joined Slimming World at the end of October last year with the hopes of shifting a few pounds and being a support to Craig-Mark. I've never been unhappy with my body shape in the end of the day l see it as ive been the one thats been eating what l have, nobody else fault apart from mine. But with Summer coming up l thought it was time l did something about it, and Craig-Mark was thinking the same thing.

Everyone has these ideas that a slimming club is a group of people sat round, telling people what they have and haven't eaten and that they've had a 'bad week' because they had a kebab at the weekend after a few cheeky vodkas. To be honest, they are partially right - We do sit in a huge semi circle, we all have a natter about what we've struggled with, what we found works well and we all clap each other on our efforts and weightless over the past week. There is ALOT of clapping at my group.

I was amazed at how much stuff you can eat and is completely free and will help you actively lose weight in the end. First week at group l lost 5lbs! What shocked me most was the fact that a full english fry up was completely Syn Free and was almost encouraged to have. But its all in the way that you cook the food. Let me break it down

Full English usually consists of :
Bacon - Cut the visible fat and grill
Sausages - Slmming World Sausages (Available at Iceland)
Egg - Fry, Scrambled whichever
Mushroom - Cook using FryLite
Tomato - Griddle, Tinned whatever
Beans - Completely Syn Free

The only things that would have to sync is Toast (although you can use it out of your healthy extra b) and the tomato ketchup, but both you can live without. I do.

Fast forward to the end of March and here l am 1stone 9.5lbs lighter. Sure its no major achievement but too me it is and especially in 5 months l think l deserve that pat on the back. Im not going to lie there are days where l want to eat crap, and l do but then l get straight back on the bandwagon and stick to plan as much as l can. There will be weeks where you put on, there will be weeks where you lose less than you think you will, but you dust yourself off and use that determination to get more oft the week later!

People ask me how much l want to lose and to be honest its a hard question to answer because l don't know that myself. The only answer l can give to people is 'My body will tell me when ive lost what l need to'

Its given me the confidence l didn't think it would, ive gone down a size in clothes and it felt good clearing the wardrobe out of the stuff that was now too big for me. Try it, if you think you want to lose abit of winter warmth then join your local slimming world group today!
See you there!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system